Lets talk about the clipping mask on procreate. I prefer using the clipping mask instead of the mask layer just because you're able to edit the clipping mask later. It has become one of my favorite tools to use on procreate. It just makes adding texture to your image so much easier; especially if you can't make up your mind on what color or texture to use. Its just super easy to edit later.
Draw whatever you want so we can add a clipping mask
2. Go to your layers and add another layer
3. Click on your new layer. We are going to add a clipping mask to it.
4. when you click on layer2 a pop up menu will appear- click on clipping mask.
5. You have just created a clipping mask.
6. Now add texture or a pattern...whatever you want! You can do the whole page if you want cause the clipping mask will clip it to the shape of layer 1
See... its not perfect. This doesn't have a clipping mask but when I add the clipping mask it will clip it to the shape in layer 1.
7. You can add as many clipping mask to layer1 as you want.
8. I love that you are able to customize each clipping layer to whatever you want. Im gonna change the opacity on layer2
Final thoughts: Play around with the clipping mask... add different patterns. One of my favorite settings is color burn but all of them are cool. Play around with it and find what you like.